Friday, January 6, 2012

So just let me introduce myself. My name is Missy...pronounced with an issy.

First off - for those of you that got the title of this blog, I give you mad props for being cool. For those who didn't get it... what the hell's wrong with you? Ehh, moving on...

Most of the folks who are currently reading this blog (all 2 of you) know me and know me well. But, in the hopes that some new folks may jump on the bandwagon, I decided to post about my favorite topic: ME! Ok technically, all my posts will probably be about me, but... just shut up and go with it.

Hi. I'm Missy and I'll be your tour guide. I'm currently 32 years old, but my 33rd birthday is approaching fast (12 days from today, to be exact. I accept cash, checks, and gift cards). I'm married to a man (Jason) that words can't even begin to describe - he's my best friend and my soul mate. I could do a whole post on adjectives that describe him and still not be able to explain how wonderful he is or how much I love him (I'm a little obsessed with him). In December we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and we're ready to see what the next 10 will hold for us. We don't have nor want any human kids, but we have 9 furry babies that are our children.

My favorite activities include reading like a fiend (I'm a voracious reader), keeping our DVR box cleaned off, annoying the crap out of Jason, and just hanging with friends. See, nothing too exciting. I can be high maintenance without meaning to be. I have a temper with a very short fuse, although I'm trying to work on the length of said fuse... but, honestly I'm not trying hard enough. I hate stupid people. I'm open-minded, yet closed minded to what I believe is ignorant. I get bored easily. I'm the typical girl in the sense that I hate my body (damn those 40lbs I wanna get rid of. Where did you come from anyway??) and I have low self-confidence even though I have great people in my life who tell me I'm beautiful and try to build that confidence. I'm hoping this blog will help me believe those people.

I live in the grand metropolis of Winston-Salem, NC. For all of you that just thought to yourself "Grand metropolis? What the hell is she talking about??" Let me back up and explain that I grew up in a town called Kinston, which is in eastern NC and is a pock mark on society. It was once an ok town, but now it's dying. I got outta there as soon as I could. I love being in Winston!

As I've said, I'm hoping by starting my blog I'll be able to build confidence. I'm also hoping that my posts will teach me a thing or two about who I am and what I want to be when I grow up. If not, then at least I'll have fun just jotting down whatever random thing comes out of my head.




4 comments:

  1. You were too polite about Kinston...I'd have said much worse! --Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah, I decided to be polite-ish. Trust me, I think much worse about the god-forsaken town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really that's all you can say about all of this. Says the Jason as he... well gestures at himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's all I need to say about you and your ego.

    ReplyDelete