Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's like a bad car wreck

Good grief, I can't look away. I don't want to blink because I might miss a quick second of excitement... yet I'm ashamed to be admitting this. Hello. My name is Missy and I'm a closet WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) fan. I'm still looking for my 12 step plan.

How did this happen? Well, when Jason and I first met, he liked wrestling. Back then it was WWF (World Wrestling Federation). Since I had a huge crush on him, I was able to overlook his fascination with this male soap opera. Somewhere in our dating timeline, Jason stopped watching wrestling. It was not because of me. I swear. Hey, throughout our relationship, I've had my own dirty-secret shows (there was a period where I thought One Tree Hill was the shiz. Thankfully, I woke up... oh and the show got really stupid. Even stupider than it originally was).

In the past year or so, Jason got back into watching this madness. He always DVRs it, although he normally starts watching it about 30 minutes after it starts because he just can't wait any longer (the only reason he waits as long as he does is so he can fast forward through commercials and some of the drama that gets dumber than normal). When he first got back into watching this, I would curl up beside him on the couch to read... but I started realizing that my eyes kept drifting to the screen as random guys proceeded to kick each others asses (and sometimes some women). My catch phrase back then was "is that legal?!?!?" as Wrestler A pulled off a move on Wrestler B that should've caused some damage to B, but didn't (seriously, how tough are these people??). My shame grew as I realized that my thug side would come out anytime I heard John Cena's theme song. Seriously, why was I rocking out to this?? (in my defense, it's got a good beat).

To this day, I try to pretend that I'm not interested. But, Jason calls me out on it as he realizes I haven't turned a page in my book in 10-20 minute or that I'm sitting with the laptop on my lap, but nothing's happening. I will say that my favorite part of wrestling is making fun of some of the wrestlers. Does that help to save my soul? No. Probably not.

6 comments:

  1. no it doesn't as i know (and you know as well) that you are simplying faking the making fun of them to make yourself feel better. and yeah, i don't care that i'm the only person commenting, its what i do and you just have to deal with it. and when your blog is famous i will be the first and original commenter. love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Yes, I knew it wouldn't help save my soul. I was just hoping. And, you're right about the reason I make fun of the wrestlers. Well, except for Kelly Kelly. Her name really is stupid and her theme song is ridiculous (Holla).

    And, yes, WHEN my blog becomes famous, I can say that you were ALWAYS there for me. Thank you. I love you, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you smelllllllll what the Rock is cooking! haha! I would make fun of you, but I'm the freak who went to 3 of those shows and used to have a cardboard life-sized Rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Melissa - let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Hahahaaaaa!

      Delete
  4. This made a little bit of my heart die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do apologize for the death of part of your heart, Chris. How do you think I feel? At the top of the list is a big black cloud of shame.

    ReplyDelete