Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy Anniversary Part I

In August of 1997, I started my Freshman year at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I was about 3 hours away from home - the first time I'd really been away from home on my own - and was loving the freedom and excitement of college. Being on my own for the first time, I decided I didn't want a boyfriend. I wanted to be single and concentrate on finding me. 

But, in November of that year I met a guy named Jason.... this guy irrevocably changed my life for the better. We quickly became friends. Our favorite thing to do was just hang out until sometime in the early morning (sometimes until 3:00 or 4:00), just watching Cartoon Network. 

Fifteen years ago today, our relationship changed from "just friends" to  "it's official, we're a couple." 

I can't believe so many years have gone by. Our relationship has been nowhere near perfect. But, anytime we've hit a snag, we've always come through stronger than before. 

Happy 15 year (overall) anniversary, baby! I love you so much more than you can ever know. Bring on the next 15 years. I know they're gonna be epic.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, now I need a hug. I love you guys, and I love love. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! I'll give you a virtual hug. I love you back and I also love love. Love is pretty freakin' awesome.

      Delete