Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I'm back... I hope.

I've missed this. Just sitting down, babbling on about something random about my life. Where have I been? Mainly training my ass off. This coming Sunday Jason and I will be running the Army Ten Miler. I'm so excited about that. This race starts and ends at the Pentagon. So I've stepped up my game and I've been training at Crossfit 3 days a week and trying to run 2 days a week (that latter bit didn't always happen). The other days were used to catch up on my reading (I get grumpy if I go too long without reading) and trying to clean my house.

But, as you saw my post's title - I hope I'm back. The reason I may not be back is because I'm obviously trying to kill myself... but not consciously. Let me explain.

Last night I decided to do the prepared adult thing and fix lunch for today. That way, I wouldn't be scrambling around in the morning. We had a package of sugar-cured ham in our fridge and I thought to myself, "A ham sammich sounds tasty." The ham was cut into long, wide strips and one piece would be too much for me. So I cut a bit off and made my sandwich.

Fast forward to today at lunch, I'm chowing down and trying to figure out what is up with this ham. It's tough and gummy. The flavor's ok, but not the greatest. As usual, I was eating lunch with Melissa and I actually apologized about my unladylike eating of my lunch. I made some offhand joke about me looking like a lion eating my prey.

Fast forward to my house, after work. I'm whining to Jason about the tough ham. He squints at me and says "how gummy was the ham?" I reply, "pretty damn gummy. It was kinda annoying to eat."

With that, he takes the package out of the fridge... only to find that the ham was uncooked. What the hell??? I just ate raw meat for lunch??? So, about that offhand joke I made. About the lion eating prey. Yeah, not so much a joke.

I immediately texted Melissa to tell her about my outstanding brilliance. Now she and Jason are making fun of me on Facebook. If you're friends with me there, feel free to join in the action. If we're not friends, and you wanna poke a little fun at me, send a request.

I sorta deserve it for being a dingbat.

3 comments:

  1. PLEASE ATTACK THIS WOMAN AND HER CRAZINESS!!!! I just read this out loud for Mark and he freaking lost it. That's my monkey for ya!! Mark said thank goodness she's half Asian, otherwise that could have really messed her up. That Asian half is use to eating all kinds of weird raw crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ham is cured, so you're okay. Some ham you boil or bake, but it's all been cured in one way or another. I can't take Jason's side on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn. And here I was thinking I had some kind of super stomach.

      Delete