Saturday, December 31, 2011

Starting the New Year Off....Wrong?

In just a few hours it will be 2012 - a new year, a time for me to get on the right track with my diet and exercise. But, that'll happen (hopefully) after one last bang.

Hubby and I will be doing a 5k at midnight. It's the Running of the Lights at Tanglewood. We brought in 2011 doing this race and wanted to bring in 2012 the same way. But, did I mention that we are so not prepared for this race?

No, this is not our first 5k. We've been running those for going on 2 years now. And this year we actually ran our first half marathon. But, basically since the beginning of December our workout regime went down the drain. Neither of us has really done much of anything. Jason's excuse was that he has been suffering with plantar fasciitis for many months, so after the half marathon he wanted to lay off of pretty much all training so he could heal that issue. My excuse was that work was kicking my butt, so I was missing classes at the YMCA by working late and then when I got home I was too pooped to work out. Yes, I'm aware that Jason's "excuse" was legitimate while mine was just that - an excuse. Oh, also, I've eaten nothing but crap all day today. Not one healthy morsel has gone into my mouth. Oh, wait, I lied - I have eaten one clementine and had some water. But that was somewhere between all the other greasy/heavy/nasty stuff I've eaten.

So, as I was saying, neither of us are prepared for what we're about to do. How do we plan to celebrate our finishing the race without throwing up? We're heading straight to IHOP to eat the oh-so-healthy (snort) food there. WTH? Our outlook on this is that we're doing one last (bad) hoorah before we get serious... Just pray for our poor chunky souls that we actually do find our way back to the gym and that we can stay away from the junk food waiting to ambush us at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment